::Playlist::

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Movie: The Girl Next Door (2007)

This movie is DEFINITELY not one of your typical Hollywood teen movie. In fact, it's not EVEN rated for TEENS. The movie is rated R, and there's a real good reason for that.

After watching this movie, I can only use one word to describe it. Powerful. The movie itself was based on Jack Ketchum's novel.

Prior to watching this movie, I had no idea what this movie was going to be about. I didn't make any prior research or even watch the trailer or even heard anyone discussing about it. I just saw that the movie was done in 2007, so why not give it a try. Boy, was I in for a ride.

I wouldn't call it a scary movie. But there were scenes that were horrifying. Not the scary-monster type of horror. In fact, the movie didn't even show much of the graphical scenes. It is the image that as a viewer we incorporate into the film, that is the horrifying part.

So, I heard that this movie was based on a true story, Sylvia Likens' case. And apparently, her story is FAR more painful to endure than Meg Loughlin (the female lead in the movie).

On the last note, if there should be anyone who is interested in watching this film. You have been WARNED.